Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is seeking an Archaeologist - Interior Plateau Region Field Director for a full-time, permanent position in our Kamloops office.
Amec Foster Wheeler maintains one of the largest teams of archaeologists in Western Canada, and we have full-time archaeology staff at our offices in Burnaby, Kamloops, Fort St. John, Tumbler Ridge, Edmonton, and Calgary. We offer an excellent remuneration package with benefits, extensive safety training, and opportunities for diverse experiences and professional development. For full-time employees, any required training, professional memberships, equipment, supplies and travel time are covered by the company.
Successful candidates will be responsible for the implementation of cultural resource management projects throughout the province at an intermediate level. The position would require both office and field based tasks.
Responsibilities may include field work, data analysis, report writing, interacting with clients and government personnel, and supervising/mentoring more Junior staff. Successful candidates will work in a dynamic and supportive team environment with some of the most experienced consulting archaeologists in BC. The job offers opportunities to work on a variety of projects throughout BC and the opportunity to develop new skills and further career advancement.
Skills / Qualifications
- Field Director status in the Interior Plateau Region. Candidates who are close to receiving status will also be considered.
- A Bachelor’s degree in archaeology, or anthropology with focus on archaeology
- 3 years’ experience in consulting archaeology in BC
- Strong knowledge of British Columbia archaeology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of quality work in a deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision
- Capable of leading an Archaeology Field Crew and mentoring Junior Archaeologists
- Able to work in varying terrain and weather conditions and to work well with others for extended periods of time in potentially challenging conditions
- Able to travel to locations throughout the province (at company expense)
- Able to participate in minimum two to three work cycles away from home
- Able to follow and implement both technical and safety training and instructions
- Able and interested in both field and office-based tasks
- Strong computer skills
- Valid Driver’s License
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.