Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Civil Engineering Technical Professional with experience in Construction Materials Testing, Special Inspections and Geotechnical Investigations to support our Engineered Construction Group. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience.
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of Amec Foster Wheeler’s Engineered Construction team and will work with and be mentored by our professional engineers. Engineering efforts will include preparing design calculations, quantity take offs, cost estimates, plans & specifications, report preparation and writing.
Familiarity with State and local standards, policies and procedures and a good working knowledge of ASTM, AASHTO and DOT specifications is a plus.
- Perform field investigations and to obtain data necessary for report preparation
- Prepare project reports
- Work with a team of engineers and technicians
- Supervise technicians as necessary
- Support other design projects
- Some travel/field work may be required
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related
- North Carolina Engineer in Training preferred
- 2 - 5+ years of experience in civil engineering
- Must have the capacity to conduct work independently with minimal supervision and oversight
- Must work well in a team environment, with abilities to multi-task and handle various assignments at once
- Possess good analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience preparing construction drawings using MicroStation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience using ArcGIS is a plus
- Programming experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.