Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently looking for a Commissioning Engineer to be assigned to our office in Reading. They shall work on FEED COMT (Commissioning, Operations, Maintenance & Training) deliverables on projects for Middle Eastern clients. The individuals will report functionally to the Chief Engineer - Process Operations Support Services and on the project to the Project COMT Manager. They will be responsible for the delivery of COMT scope, including provision of design input and production of specific COMT deliverables.
Assignments are typically of 6-9 months duration but with the potential for extension as new work becomes available. Whilst work shall be executed from Reading, there may be a requirement for occasional visits to client offices/facilities.
Sound technical knowledge coupled with leadership and decision making skills are required to ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets. You will be confident in your ability to deliver COMT scope for a project on time and within budget, whilst supporting other disciplines to achieve the same.
Key activities shall include:
- Ensuring that project execution is undertaken in compliance with company and department procedures and project schedules and that environmental and safety compliance is maintained
- Preparing and ensuring the quality of detailed pre-commissioning, commissioning, operations, maintenance and training deliverables, including philosophies, systemisation and plans
- Acting as technical consultant on COMT issues to other disciplines, including representation of the COMT discipline at engineering and THSE reviews (e.g. HAZOP)
- Reviewing and reporting on performance progress
Skills / Qualifications
- A successful career path in the oil and gas or refining/petrochemical sectors
- Proven strong character and self-motivated individual
- Proven experience in projects during all phases of development, i.e. from front end engineering design through to handover to client
- Proven ability to effectively engage with client / owner, project management and discipline engineers
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.