Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Group and Amec Foster Wheeler have been brought together to form Wood, a new global leader in project, engineering and technical services delivery.
Located in our Edward Street office in Brisbane we are currently recruiting for an experienced Cost Planner to join our growing team.
The role will provide support to the Project Services team on major projects for world-class Oil and Gas and Mining clients.
- Develop resource loaded Project Schedule in P6
- Implement change, progress and forecast updates in project schedules
- Provide reports on critical path, resource histograms, lookaheads, SPI
- Import and export data from P6 to interface with other systems
- Prepare cost, man hour and cash flow forecasts based on updated progress, forecasts and trends
- Prepare project cost and man hour reports in a timely fashion reflecting the current forecasts and trends complete with narratives and explanations for variances etc
- Contribute to building a cost conscious attitude throughout the project team
Skills / Qualifications
- A Finance/Engineering Degree / Diploma is preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience overall experience in a cost control / planning role / project /package engineering role
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a cost controller/planner in an oil & gas or mining environment
- Advanced P6 skills
- Well-developed numeracy skills
- Ability to complete a task with high precision, attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and work towards set deadlines
- Convero experience desirable
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.