Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently seeking an Operations Manager to join our team in our office in Lima, Peru.
- Responsible for the administrative, financial and operational management of the Lima Office and all in-country services for Amec Foster Wheeler
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the Peruvian market, according to the strategic goals of Amec Foster Wheeler
- Transmit and verify corporate policies to all Peruvian Business Units
- Ensure the compliance of legal norms and organizational internal procedures that directly or indirectly influence the regular development of the organization operations
- Coordinate and maintain contact with public and private institutions on behalf of the organization
- Represent the organization in activities that require its participation both in the country and abroad
- Promote a work environment that positively motivates the development of the members of the organization at all its different levels
- Maintain effective programs in Quality Management, Safety, Sustainability, and Ethics
- Support Amec Foster Wheeler Business Units to obtain and execute work in Peru
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Commercial Contracts team to review proposed contracts, in order to ensure compliance with corporate standards
- Responsible for operational coordination with the Mining & Metals business within Amec Foster Wheeler Peru S.A.
- Coordination with the financial group in order to issue the monthly reports of the E&I business after verification and analysis; Verify and control expenses, analyze their efficiency so changes and improvements can be proposed if necessary
Skills / Qualifications
- Professional University Degree in Civil Engineering, Mining Engineering, or related
- More than 10 years of proven experience in similar positions, preferably with experience in consulting companies
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people management, leadership, written, and verbal communication skills
- Fluent command of English and Spanish
- Intermediate level Office tools knowledge
- Business development experience
- Income and earnings growth and management experience within a similar role
- Desirable postgraduate in Environmental Assessments, MBA, Construction, mining, or infrastructure
- Leadership, negotiation skills, strategic vision, decision-making capacity
Amec Foster Wheeler is a leading global provider of consultancy, engineering, project management, operations and construction services, project delivery and specialized power equipment services. Since 2000, the Engineering News Record magazine has ranked Amec Foster Wheeler among the world's leading engineering companies. By our ¨Beyond Zero¨ philosophy we are committed to maintaining a strong and sustainable Health, Safety, Security and Environment culture across all our operations, underpinned by our Six Safety Essentials, setting an example to influence the safety behaviors of our colleagues and the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to the value of ‘Doing the right thing - putting safety first.’
Are you ready for a gratifying career at Amec Foster Wheeler? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.