Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently seeking to recruit a Design Engineer - Electrical for KNPC New Acid Gas Removal Plant (AGRP) based in Mina Al Ahmadi Refinery, Kuwait.
- Coordinate for site surveys as required
- Carrying out calculations, designs and directing the preparation of drawings, layout and wiring diagrams for the various electrical installations, preparing procurement specifications for electrical materials and equipment such as power cables, control board panels, high and low tension switch gears, transformers and wiring for major projects
- Conducting field studies of electrical equipment and facilities, and preparing recommendations regarding the most cost effective and safe way to upgrade existing facility and to install new facilities
- Understanding / identifying / collecting details of facilities to be provided
- Reviewing calculations, designs, drawings and specifications of equipment prepared by engineering contractors to ensure conformance with accepted refinery standards, safe practices and electrical codes
- Assisting construction groups in supervising construction, testing, calibration and commissioning of electrical installations related to assigned projects, to ensure conformity with specifications, drawings, safe engineering standards, codes and practices
- Justifying and arriving at the execution methodology
- Developing design philosophy, engineering documents / drawings / bill of materials
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from recognized University
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the refinery and petrochemical industries
- Prior Middle East experience an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.