Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently seeking to recruit a Design Engineer - Static Equipment for KNPC New Acid Gas Removal Plant (AGRP) based in Mina Al Ahmadi Refinery, Kuwait.
- Coordinate for site surveys as required
- Carrying out calculations, designs and directing the preparation of drawings and layouts for the various stationary equipment installations related to assigned projects
- Conducting studies and preparing reports on designs, layouts and mechanical engineering problems arising from revamps, future expansions or new major projects
- Understanding / identifying / collecting details of facilities to be provided
- Reviewing calculations and design prepared by engineering contractors to determine their soundness, accuracy and conformity to engineering standards, procedures and codes of practice and specifications
- Reviewing, checking and approving design calculations and drawings submitted by equipment suppliers / vendors after placement of the order
- Justifying and arriving at the execution methodology
- Developing design philosophy, engineering documents / drawings / bill of materials
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from recognized University
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the refinery and petrochemical industries
- Prior Middle East experience an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.