Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity available for an Intermediate Electrical Designer in our Saskatoon office. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a variety of design activities including one and three line drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, VFDs, medium and low voltage distribution, motor control, lighting and general electrical systems for mining and metallurgical projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast pace environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Responsible for the design and specification of equipment for MV and LV power distribution, motor control and general electrical systems
- 2D drafting/design using AutoCAD
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate of an Electrical Design technology program
- Minimum of 5 years experience in mining, metallurgical or similar process industries in electrical or l&C design
- Proven expertise using AutoCAD; Familiarity with 3D design/drafting would be a plus
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to provide CAD support to other departments (l&C, Mechanical, Piping, CSA) as required
- Database experience would be an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.