Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Entry-level Environmental Scientist to join our growing environmental consulting office in Somerset, New Jersey. Candidate must have a B.S. degree in environmental science, nature resource management, or similar degree. Candidates should have strong quantitative skills, proficiency with Microsoft office, and statistical analysis skills. Candidate must be willing to work in the field for limited amounts of time under strenuous conditions. Candidates should also be proficient in oral and written communication. Responsibilities for this position include assisting with all aspects of environmental and natural resource investigations, including but not limited to data collection, wetlands delineation, biological surveys, environmental data evaluation and statistical analysis, risk assessment, literature research and analysis, support on development of land use permits, and report preparation.
- To support development of environmental investigations
- To support field assignments
- To work closely with senior and mid-level staff to develop reports, manage tasks, and support client interaction
- To provide excellent client service and meet tight project schedules
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Environmental Science required
- 0 - 5 years experience
- Successful work in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and statistical analysis skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft office; advanced knowledge of MS Excel (macros and pivot tables a plus) and MS Access a plus
- Valid drivers License
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.