Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an opportunity for a HSE Manager role. In this role you will act as an Ambassador of the company in all aspects of HSES.
- Provide the leadership, and support necessary to ensure efficient Health, Safety, Environmental and Security (HSES) management. The main aim being to create secure, safe and healthy working conditions throughout the site, while protecting the environment during both, construction and commissioning operations
- Have advanced level understanding of and communicate to relevant site personnel the contents of the company HSES procedures and work practices, and client safe working procedures. Ensure that such procedures and practices are being effectively applied
- Manage the duties and controls detailed by the Site HSES Plan, pertaining to health, safety, the environment and security requirements, and ensure continuous compliance
- Have an advanced level understanding of the requirements of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001, and ensure sites are managed to these standards
- Identify and manage a suitable programme of HSES training for all the site personnel
- Ensure that the Resident Site Manager is kept up to date on HSES performance, and assist him in HSES reviews
- Support the Resident Site Manager and the Chief Field Engineer in carrying out the HAZCON risk assessment process
- Monitor the effectiveness of Contractor HSE Personnel and training providing support and improvement initiatives where required
- Ensure that all incidents are appropriately investigated and that injury case management is administered to minimize loss
Skills / Qualifications
- Fifteen years’ experience in major oil / gas EPC projects in a similar position
- A degree in Engineering or similar
- A current relevant health and safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma/IOSH/CSP Certificate or equivalent)
- Full conversant with International HSE standards, codes and industry practices
- Experience and understanding of technical HSE (P&ID, HAZOP, SIL, MOC process etc.).
- Extensive Knowledge of the key HSE Risks and related aspects associated with different phases of an EPC development, including Major Accident Hazard Management, operational and workplace risk management systems and processes
- Extensive experience in the overseeing and monitoring implementation of HSSE Management System and HSSE Plans by contractors and subcontractors on site to ensure effective control of risks
- Audit experience is required
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.