Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure currently has an opportunity available for a Junior Environmental Chemist in our Portland, OR office. We are looking for a candidate with skills in environmental chemistry and ability to assess analytical data.
- Analytical data validation, data review and report writing
- Development of environmental sampling programs, interpretation of environmental chemistry data and data quality evaluation (DQE)
- Data forensics, assistance with laboratory coordination, database support and data entry
- Assist proposal teams with selection of analytical methodology, evaluate laboratory proposals and establish QA/QC parameters
- Will need to coordinate with Project / Senior Chemist on a daily basis
- Work with laboratories to ensure data meets client requirements and project data quality objectives
- Candidate should be able to perform possible field work to support environmental sampling programs
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S./B.A. in Chemistry Required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel
- Experience with operation and use of analytical laboratory equipment (e.g., GC and/or GC/MS) is preferred
- Familiarity with USEPA Methods including SW-846, CLP and Standard Methods desired
- Experience in a commercial environmental laboratory
- Knowledge of the principles and standards of scientific study, field investigation, sampling, experimentation, research and documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively with team members as well as independently
- The ideal candidate for this position is an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a strong desire to learn
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills are critical
- Must be able to move and lift equipment that may weigh 40 lbs.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.