Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently recruiting a Materials Technician or Technologist to join our team in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to develop their career and experience in the engineering and construction field.
The position will support the Certified Materials Testing Laboratory (concrete, soils, asphalt) by conducting field and laboratory testing services within Manitoba and the greater Winnipeg area.
Responsibilities will include conducting various tests on asphalt pavements, concrete, aggregates and various soils in both laboratory and field environment. This position will require working occasionally out of town projects. In addition the incumbent will:
- Maintain orderliness of laboratory.
- Preparation of inspection reports and data entry.
- Follow Amec Foster Wheeler’s Project Review, Ethics and Safety Policies.
- Field Concrete testing
Field Compaction testing
- Lab Work
- Sieve Analysis
- Cylinder Breaking
- CSA calibrations
- Moisture Contents
- Unconfined compression testing
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Technology Program is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years related experience required
- Preference given to those with previous experience in the construction industry
- Familiar with test procedures for concrete, aggregate, soil and asphalt
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Willing to do a variety of tasks and able to prioritize
- CSA Safety boots required
- Ability to work in the laboratory and office settings
- Light to moderate lifting may be required
- Manitoba Driver’s license and a good driving record (driving abstract required)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.