Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting a Noise and Vibration Consultant, to work in our Birchwood office. The successful candidates will work alongside our technical specialists in the Environment & Infrastructure team, based in Birchwood and across the UK.
Our Noise & Vibration team has over the last 15 years become one of the UK's leading acoustic consultancies working on nationally significant Infrastructure projects in the aviation, construction, clean energy, military and rail sectors. Key clients include organisations such as Heathrow, High Speed 2, the MOD, and EFD Energy Renewables.
You will be responsible for delivering the technical aspects of a variety of noise and vibration assessments, the management of internal and external client relationships and the preparation of proposals and bids appropriate to your grade.
The workload is diverse and much of your work will be to support the planning process for major Infrastructure schemes.
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Acoustics or a related discipline
- Relevant post-qualification experience
- A full member of the Institute of Acoustics
- Full driving licence
The work undertaken by the team is extremely varied and therefore candidates with either a range of skills and experience, or particular specialisms will be considered. Experience of the following is desirable:
- Management of small to medium sized projects
- Variety of experience on aviation, road, rail or energy projects
- Good understanding of relevant UK noise policy and regulations
- Application of noise and vibration expertise to support the planning process
- Noise mapping and modelling of transportation, clean energy, wind or industrial schemes
- Construction noise assessment and management
- Use of Geographical Information Systems to improve the quality and efficiency of noise and vibration assessments
- Evidence of using innovation to improve working practices
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.