Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for an Intermediate level Planning Engineer with experience in the oil and gas or nuclear industry. As the demand for our expertise continues to grow an opportunity has arisen for Planning Engineers to work as part of the Amec Foster Wheeler Project Delivery Function. This role will be based on site at Sellafield. The position is responsible for planning and progress reporting of various projects in support of Project Managers and Project Engineers.
Basic security clearance is required for access to site and SC Clearance is likely to be required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide a planning service to the projects with responsibility for accurate progress reporting and analysis
- Assist Project Managers & Project Engineers with plans for tenders
- Preparation of Monthly Project Reports (internal and external)
- Variances investigation and reporting e.g. investigating schedule variances
- Assisting Project Managers & Project Engineers with producing EAC (estimate at completion)
- Liaising with subcontractors to establish progress against deliverables
- Managing project baselines
- Assisting PMs with change management
- Ad hoc project reporting
- Experience in a Project Planning role
- Experience with Primavera P6 planning software
- Excel skills
- Experience with financial or cost management software
- Attention to detail and good numerical skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor degree an advantage, but not essential
- A QCF qualification in Planning/ Project Controls an advantage, but not essential
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.