Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently seeking to recruit a competent Project Engineer 1 (Architecture), who will permanently be assigned to the projects, working as part of the PMC Team to Manage the EPC Contractor on behalf of the client.
- Responsible for the overall management of the KOC PMC contract assigned multiple projects.
- Direct Reports: Assigned Direct Support Services Personnel, Assigned Indirect Support, Services Personnel, Leadership And Coordination Of Multi-Discipline, And Assigned Project Task Force Teams
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction concerning all facets of Assigned project delivery Provide timely reports on status of the project and issues to the client's Controlling Team
- HSSE leadership of the assigned project. Assigned project delivery improvement
- Participate in key Client's reviews and meetings as required, including project Risk management and lessons learned
- Lead assigned project monthly progress reviews with the EPC contractor
- Present assigned project status, issue and corrective actions at AMECFW weekly assigned project reviews, and keep client's controlling team and management updated
- Lead, develop and issue for key personnel and client's review assigned project management plans.
- Approve weekly timesheets and overtime requests for assigned projects
- Raise requests for other direct costs relating to assigned projects
- Create and sustain a good contract team spirit within the AMECFW project team and client
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc. Engineering with a minimum of 15 years post graduate experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the designation and 2 years of experience with AMECFW in a similar position
- Proven track record of managing major projects in the oil and gas industry, with design, engineering & construction management functions
- PMC and Middle East experience are desirable
- Has character and drive to manage the team to achieve the project objectives, with high professional competence and management skills.
- Ability to motivate the team to achieve high quality performance during the execution of the project.
- Leadership across the following functions: Project delivery, Engineering and design, Commercial, and Stakeholder relationships
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.