Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Planner/ Scheduler. Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, this position is located in our Greenville, SC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ability to coordinate & organize multiple sources of schedule inputs/performance data into a master schedule platform and deliver project/program status reports as required
- Serve as the principle scheduler for current and future construction only or EPC project(s)
- Requires exceptional knowledge of Primavera P6 Enterprise and Microsoft Office software
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with the development and maintenance of highly complex Primavera P6 project schedules including; WBS structure development, logic links, constraints, resource loading, progress tracking, earned value reporting, float management, etc.
- Lead schedule update meetings, as required
- Ensure the timely status and updating of project schedules for owner, project management team, subcontractors and craft superintendents
- Ensure timely preparation of miscellaneous weekly and monthly charts, reports, graphs and short interval schedules in accordance with all internal and contractual requirements
- Work extensively with subcontractors ensuring schedule requirement compliance, accurate and timely updates, slippage recovery, etc.
- Facilitate the overall work integration planning progress
- Manage, analyze, and report on the schedule risk analysis process on projects
- Manage and analyze the schedule quality analysis process of projects
- Verbal and written interface with client, project management, controls staff and engineering team members
- Must be able to work effectively / present information in both one-on-one and in collaborative group environments
- Additional responsibilities will be defined in the relevant process procedure
- Track and/or verify discipline progress using earned value methods
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 8 year(s) relevant experience in project controls/scheduling or 3 year(s) experience with relevant bachelor’s degree and/or professional training. The required experience must be in heavy industrial construction and/or EPC project controls or management
- Solid knowledge of construction practices and procedures
- Solid knowledge of project management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of computer software with experience in scheduling software including, but not limited to P6 applications, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Access and other common business software
- Knowledge of advanced planning and scheduling practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to work across varied disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and memos
- Ability to write correspondence
Special Requirement Skill
Candidate must be willing to travel to job site locations and work in corporate office
Reasoning Ability In situations where only limited standardization exists must maintain the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to type and write. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or crouch. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Amec Foster Wheeler will not sponsor an employment Visa to fill this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.