Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has been awarded a large PMC Duqm Refinery project in Oman which is expected to run for around 4 years. We are expected to start mobilizing successful candidates by the end of Q4 2017. Successful candidate will be based in Madrid, Spain and once work at the EPC location has been completed, employee will be transferred to the Oman site to work on a residential status assignment if requested by the client.
If you are interested in the position of Senior Instrument and Control Engineer based in Madrid, Spain then please apply to the requisition and we will be in touch with you to discuss your application further.
Please note this position will be hired on a single status basis.
- Ensure that key DRPIC relationships are maintained at all levels within the project
- Create and sustain a good team spirit within the Wood project team and with DRPIC
- Interface with DRPIC and the EPC Contractor for formal and informal reviews on technical matters with respect to discipline and inter-discipline engineering work
- Provide technical guidance and direction as may be requested from time to time
- Review contractor / supplier query / concession / deviation requests, and provide technical recommendations and approval
- Review and monitor the key engineering and design activities performed by the EPC Contractor
- Monitor / review / approve key engineering / design documentation originated by the EPC Contractor within specified contract review periods
- Liaise directly with DRPIC and the EPC Contractor for review and / or approval of critical drawings and documents
- Coordinate and consolidate discipline review responses to EPC contractor deliverables (including DRPIC comments)
- Participate in key technical reviews and meetings with the EPC Contractor, DRPIC and other stake-holders as required
- Assist with assessment of EPC Contractor’s progress, resourcing and planning, and participate in progress reviews with the EPC Contractor
- Assist with evaluation and assessment of EPC Contractor’s change requests and claims
- Attend visits to equipment vendors / suppliers for reviews and tests / inspections
- Monitor, appraise and report to Wood PMC management and DRPIC on quality and safety aspects of engineering, design and construction performed by the EPC Contractor and their Subcontractors / Vendors
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Ten years’ experience in major oil / gas projects in the capacity of senior control / instrument engineer with engineering contractor / PMC organization
- A degree in Control System Engineering
- Fully familiar with international codes, standards and recommended practices to be adopted during EPC phases of oil / gas projects
- Must have the capacity to supervise and manage EPC Contractor and development of detail design deliverables
- Familiarity with systems such as DCS, Fire and Gas, Emergency Shut down Systems is essential
- Participation with contribution during P&ID reviews, factory and field testing of control systems shall be demonstrable during project execution
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.