Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Utility Locator to join our team in Kennesaw, GA.
- Mark underground utilities on Wood projects
- Operate vacuum excavation truck
- Record collected field data in field books and or sketches
- Aid in maintenance of all utility location equipment
- Assist utility analyst with files and field calculations
Project Related Responsibilities
- All facets of Utility Locating projects including:
- Collection of utility records
- Establish project limits
- Collection of utility structures
- Providing utility designation on Wood projects
Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Some Computer skills
- Technical competence.
- Commitment to work with other sections and divisions of Wood.
- 2 years of utility locating experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to travel
- Prefer familiarity with surveying
Physical Job Demands
- Performing work in a variety of climate conditions including hot and cold weather climates
- Requires the use of hand held equipment
- Must be able to work in a field environment and have the ability to travel as required
- Working on several jobs simultaneously
- Maintain good client relations
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.